The Landshare Token (LAND) is the native utility and governance token for Landshare. LAND sits at the heart of all platform features, serving as means of payment, access, voting, and more. It comprises one of the two tokens available to users, along with the upcoming RWA Token.
With two different tokens available, it’s vital to understand the role LAND plays in the platform and how it synergizes with the RWA Token to create a complete ecosystem. In this article, we will briefly compare LAND and the RWA Token, review a comprehensive list of LAND utilities, and take a fresh look at LAND’s current tokenomics.
LAND Token and RWA Token Compared
The Landshare platform features two different tokens — the Landshare Token (LAND) and the RWA Token (LSRWA). Although both tokens are integral parts of the ecosystem, they each serve their own unique purpose.
LAND Token Summarized
LAND is a traditional utility and governance token, similar to those available on many crypto platforms. It serves various roles throughout the entire platform and is used to access our signature features, including RWA investment, NFTs, staking, and the Landshare DAO. In short, LAND is the key to the entire Landshare platform!
RWA Token Summarized
The RWA Token is a security token that enables real estate investment on Landshare. Unlike LAND, the RWA Token requires KYC to purchase.
Each RWA Token represents a share of a pool of US-based real estate assets. The value of each RWA Token grows proportionally with the value of underlying properties and the cash flow they produce, allowing investors to benefit by simply holding over time.
The RWA Token is an excellent choice for users looking to invest directly into real estate on the blockchain. To learn more about the RWA Token, check out our previous article Landshare RWA Token: Utilities and Tokenomics.
What are the utilities of LAND?
The LAND Token plays an essential role in all platform features, including vaults, governance, NFTs, and RWA offerings. This list covers the utilities up to and including the RWA Token update, but will continue to expand as new features are added to the platform.
The LAND Token represents voting power in the Landshare DAO, which is the primary governance mechanism for the platform. The DAO and its voters have direct control over key elements of the platform including:
- Staking Rewards: The Landshare DAO has direct control over the percentage of newly minted LAND Tokens distributed as rewards to each staking vault.
- Emission Rates: In addition to the distribution of reward tokens, the DAO can also increase or reduce the total number of reward tokens minted per day.
- Treasury Funds: 2.5% of new tokens minted are distributed to the DAO treasury. The DAO has the authority to delegate these funds for grants, burns, marketing bounties, or anything else the community can think of!
Through the DAO, the future of the platform lies in the hands of LAND holders! For more details on governance mechanics, check out our docs page.
Landshare Real Estate NFTs are stylized 3D NFT models of the real-world assets offered on Landshare’s platform. NFTs enable RWA Token holders to earn additional yields through a unique gamified staking system.
The NFT ecosystem utilizes the LAND Token in a number of critical ways:
- Marketplace: NFTs can be traded freely among users using LAND Tokens. Each marketplace transaction incurs a 5% fee.
- Minting: In the updated NFT minting system, a 5% LAND fee is applied to each new mint.
- Power: In order to upgrade and repair NFTs, you must generate the power resource. Additional power can be purchased with LAND through the resources tab.
- Slots: Each NFT must be placed in a slot to be considered active. Users can purchase additional slots for 15 LAND a piece.
- Premium Upgrades: Each NFT property can be enhanced using premium upgrades, which cost LAND to purchase.
RWA Fees & Payment
Investment in real-world assets is made possible through the RWA Token. However, the LAND Token plays an integral role in the process of acquiring and trading RWAs on Landshare.
In order to purchase RWA Tokens, you must make your payment in 90% stablecoins and 10% LAND tokens, pursuant to the total USD value of the purchase. For example, if you wish to purchase $1,000 in RWA Tokens, the total purchase price would be $900 in stablecoins and $100 in LAND Tokens.
With the new fixed-price liquidity pool, RWA Tokens can also be sold on demand based on the underlying asset value. When initiating these sales, a 1% LAND fee will apply. For example, a sale of $1,000 in RWA Tokens will incur a $10 LAND Token fee.
While LAND has many uses across the ecosystem, there is also an incentive for simply holding the token or providing liquidity — staking! There are 3 different ways to earn additional rewards from your Landshare Tokens through our vaults page:
- Auto LAND Staking: The recommended option for most users. The Auto LAND Vault allows you to stake your LAND Tokens and earn LAND rewards over time. Rewards are automatically reinvested, enabling you to benefit from compound interest without lifting a finger.
- Manual LAND Staking: Recommended for advanced users, manual LAND staking also generates rewards over time but does not automatically compound them. Instead, rewards can be harvested manually at any time.
- LAND-BNB LP Staking: The LAND Token can be paired with BNB to provide liquidity on Pancakeswap. After providing liquidity, you will receive LP Tokens which can be staked for LAND Rewards. LP Staking generally has the highest APR of all the different vaults, making it a great option for savvy users. To learn more about providing LP, read our guide here.
LAND Tokenomics — an Updated Look
The Landshare Token has an elastic supply, with an adjustable minting rate and dynamic burning mechanics that can affect the total number of tokens over time. However, one thing remains unchanged—LAND has a hard minting cap of 10,000,000 tokens, with each burn counting against that number permanently. Here is a basic rundown of supply at the time of writing:
- Total Supply: 4,186,897
- Circulating Supply: 4,157,149
- Supply Cap (effective): 9,981,683
- Daily emissions: ~2050
A vesting schedule applied to the first year of launch and can be viewed in the Whitepaper. However, all vested tokens have since been released into circulating supply. With the exception of the DAO Treasury reserve and burnt tokens, all minted tokens are in active circulation. The remaining un-minted tokens will be distributed over time as staking rewards (97.5%) and to the DAO treasury (2.5%).
The LAND Token has a number of mechanisms designed to remove tokens from supply. Because the mint rate is capped at 10,000,000 tokens, each burn effectively reduces the supply cap of LAND permanently. Some examples of burn mechanisms are:
- RWA Token Purchases: Each RWA Token purchase will be paid 10% in LAND Tokens, all of which are burned.
- NFT Ecosystem: Any tokens collected as fees for minting new NFTs, property slots, or buying power are burned.
- Elective DAO Burns: The DAO can vote to burn any number of tokens from its treasury fund, which comprises 2.5% of all tokens generated as well as Auto LAND staking fees.
Landshare is about closing the gap between real estate and DeFi — and we achieve this through our two tokens, LAND and RWA. Each token serves a complimentary function in the Landshare ecosystem, and both are equally crucial to its success.
To learn more about the LAND Token and the platform features covered in this article, be sure to check out our collection of useful resources: